Saturday, June 17, 2017

My Time is Flying!

Dearest familia, 

I am currently writing from a cyber in Quito because we had to travel Sunday night to work on some more visa stuff for Hermana Medrano this morning. Well, they had to work on visa stuff. I spent my P-day with Hermana Rolfson from Canada. She's super cute. She has one change more than me in the mission and she is also training an hermana from peru. She did a year at BYU before the mission. We ate greek food, went to the artesan market (sorry i dont know how to spell in english anymore), and wandered around and talked a LOT. Good to get some english in every once in a while haha. 

When we went to Quito last Tuesday I got to see Hermana Adams! It was so fun to hug her and talk to her quickly and give her all the updates about Ambato El Recreo. It is crazy that I am still there. I have no idea what to expect with the cambios on Sunday. Nobody ever has 5 cambios in one solo sector, but our sector is the biggest in the mission and my companion is so not ready to be able to lead the sector. They can't take me out. But they also can't leave me there for 9 more weeks. Ah I don't know. We will see!

Honestly I don't know what happened to May. My time is flying and I am starting to think that I really am not a fan! 

I love the work. We have so much to do, investigators and less actives and recent converts. SO many people to visit, and how is is that sometimes we only manage one or two visits in a day? Everything falls, people confirm and then theyre not even there. But we are contacting a ton. It is different for me to be in charge of that. I've always been the junior companion and haven't had anyone who has made me be in charge. Now I am definitely in charge :) when I started my mission contacting was terrifying. Sometimes it still gives me a little bit of hesitance but when you do hard things they get easier! 

Something exciting about this week.... ummm...... We had 2 families come to church! Evelin and her mom, and also Familia Dutan. I might have told you about them? One of the daughters came last week and yesterday she came with her mom and her sister! Lots of hope for baptisms within the next few weeks. I better be here to see them! AH! 

Something else, we had our last zone conference with President Christensen! It was very spiritual, very powerful. The Spirit was teaching me like crazy. Lots to work on and lots to improve. Zone conferences are really fun, and I am super excited for the next president to come. 

This week I got a letter from Madelyn Benson and a package from Alli! I am blessed with the best friends in the world! 

Well, I don't know what else to say. I love Ecuador. I hate dogs. I love training. It's kinda hard though. I like traveling. We have to do it a lot in training. I am learning how to talk when there is lots and lots of silence. Not my strong suit. I am grateful for the gift of the Holy Ghost. "I believe in Christ, so come what may!" 

Chao! (Or, here ya go, Dad, ciao!) 

Hermana Hasleton 

No comments:

Post a Comment